Sharks are predators that most people try to avoid in a lifetime and by any means, but as I shared some time ago in a previous article about our shark swim tour it’s an experience we were looking forward to and were able to enjoy with Hawaii Shark Encounters, one of the leading companies in Oahu for tours of this kind.
This time however you’re going to be able to watch our experience through this video, perhaps the one I’ve enjoyed most making and probably the best one I’ve also created so far. While watching it, you might want to keep in mind the following interesting facts about sharks:
- Shark comes from the mayan world Xoc which means fish.
- Sharks can live up to 30 years.
- The largest shark is the whale shark which is up to 40 feet long.
- Sharks have 5 to 15 rows of teeth in each jaw.
- Sharks may have up to 3000 teeth at one time, and some species replace a row with new teeth every week
- There are more than 360 described species of sharks.
- The largest whale shark registered weight was 47300 lb or 21.5 tonnes.
And now enjoy the video! (if you’re getting this post via email you can watch the video by clicking here)
Have you ever swum with sharks? Where at? If not, is it something you’d dare to do? What other wildlife encounter tours have you enjoyed? Share your thoughts and experiences with us in the comments section below, and this post too if you liked it!